March 25, 2011

mi casa es su casa

My husband Garrett and I chose to move into a one bedroom, one bathroom condo.We had never lived together, so we thought it would be enough. I didn't realize I would be sleeping with three guitars hanging over my head, and and amp as my nightstand. But I married a musician, so what did I expect?
Garrett's version of a Dream Catcher


Our living room on the other hand was our blank canvas, our first art project together. We bought a couch together.

I cried at Macy's.

Literally cried in the arms of the saleswoman. Ok, that might be an exaggeration. I cried in the arms of my maid of honor, while the saleswoman gawked at my display of emotional angst over a piece of furniture. I was afraid of committing to a couch (fear of commitment just one month before getting married... eek!)

Chaise Lounger Couch
I LOVE ruffle pillows!

Before: Media Center



After: Media Center


We found this unsightly yellow hutch at a used furniture store. I told Garrett I wanted to get it, and he hated the idea. I told him he had to visualize it a different color, but he was blinded by the yellow. Luckily, he trusted me, and after he took a saw to it, and I took a paint brush to it, we came out with a fantastic media center for our record player and records.



Garland with "Bon Appetite" sign over dining area.


1 comment:

  1. Bravo Tanya! Very nice blog...your auntie is VERY impressed! Love the couch! Lindsey and I have looked at that one a number of times at Macy's, but it was out of my price range at the time. Keep us posted as to when you update your blog!

    ♥you!
    Aunt D'Arcy

    ReplyDelete