April 26, 2011

DIY: Fabric Flower

My house feels empty if there aren't some flowers around-- but, I can't seem to keep up with the life cycle of the flowers I buy! So, I wanted to make some ever-lasting flowers to have as "back-up" when my flowers hit the dust.

I found the tutorial at Project Wedding. The finished project:

beautiful!




You can use any fabric: scraps, old t-shirts, anything!
  • cut 9 large circles
  • cut 1 medium circle
  • cut 1 small circle
  • have needle and thread ready (same color as fabric)
  • lay down one circle, flat
  • fold each "large" circle twice so that each looks like a triangle
  • lay down four on the flat circle and sew tips to center
  • lay the other four offset the previous four, sew tips

  • grab the medium circle, fold once and roll up
  • sew the tip of the medium, rolled up piece so that it sticks up

  • use the small circle to cover the back of the flower, where all the thread is

I wrapped green yarn around a kabob stick and hot glued it to my flower. 
I put it in my favorite milk glass vase, fluffed it up, and voilà

No comments:

Post a Comment